meet the sojourners..


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Aidan's list of "to do's" before school starts

Today during Aidan's "summer school" time I had him make a list of things he wants to do before school starts. I had him number a list 1-12 and then he was responsible for thinking of 12 special things he'd like to do in the next 6 weeks. That averages about 2 special activities a week. And, after expecting his list once he was finished some of his items can be combined, or we can do at the same time. Of course all of this has to be accomplished in addition to 3.5 weeks of remaining swimming lessons and 5 weeks of remaining t-ball/baseball and another week long basketball camp. Oh and of course the shopping trip that Aidan can't WAIT to go on. He won't need much, just new shoes, I will never again buy velcro, they don't stay sticky, a backpack, we've made a deal, I'll pick the brand and he gets to pick the color, and of course the supply list we'll get from the school. Did I mention he is excited about this shopping trip? Did I mention this shopping trip will likely make me cry? And I don't even want to imagine how I will get by on the first day of school... I will be a mess for sure.

Anyway, without further ado: Here are the 12 things we'll be up to in the next 6 weeks. I'm sure some will make it onto the blog. =)

1. Go bowling
2. Go to Frankies (Arcade and Go cart place)
3.Go on family bike ride (this means mom pulling boys in kid cart)
4. Eating pizza on blanket and watching a movie in the playroom
5. Go to zoo
6. Family game night
7. Play trasure hunt and hind a treasure outside
8. Go to pirate ship park
9. Go on a picnic
10. Go on a walk (around the neighborhood)
11. Go to San Jose (his favorite Mexican restaurant)
12. Go to the beach

So there you have it. And can I just say, I am looking forward to each of the activities he has picked out! And happy that they are quite budget friendly too, an added bonus. =)

3 comments:

  1. I love summer wish lists! This is our fourth year with a list, and we all just love it. I've saved them all too, so that someday we can look back at what their summer dreams were! Sounds like your summer got even busier - but I'm sure it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, but way to short! =(
    But with a (high?) probability of court in the fall, I can now see God's hand in our decision regarding school this year. So although I'll miss my little man like crazy, gives me so much more peace and comfort regarding our decision. Did I tell you he's going to the private school after all!?!? SO HAPPY about that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to have Aidan come up with some things he would like to do before school starts and they all sound like fun. Making some great memories.

    YaYa

    ReplyDelete