meet the sojourners..


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Simplicity

I'm not a fancy person. I used to think I wanted to be - then Darren and I took a trip to New York, spent $200 for dinner at the RAINBOW GRILL for the tiniest portions I've ever seen, and the food had no taste. We have a tradition of cleaning the table up as much as possible to make it easier for the person coming along to clear the table, so as we were stacking our dishes and sweeping all the crumbs into a pile our waiter comes by and starts apologizing profusely! Good grief dude! it's just our thing, it's what we do.

Nah, I'd much rather spend $30 at our local pizza joint. No one cares what I wear, the pizza is AMAZING and there's plenty of it, we can talk and laugh with our kids, and the waiters don't care if we make an attempt to clean up after ourselves. And when we're done we can go explore one of the parks downtown.

I used to want a 2 carat diamond, with only the highest cut, color and clarity of course. Now, half the time I don't even wear the gorgeous .75 carat (ss1 f) that my husband worked his tail off for. Who cares, it's a rock. Maybe we'll sell it and use the money to pay for plane tickets to Russia...

I used to wish I could spend $100 on hair care products to tame my frizzy head. I did for awhile only use Frederic Fikkai products, which I guess would be considered middle of the road... but at more then $20 a bottle for shampoo and conditioner, I came to think that was ridiculous.  So it was back to Pantene or Dove for me. UNTIL.... I made this discovery last month! I LOVE all smells coconut, pina- colada, tropical and beachy, so I just had to try this shampoo, and it wasn't much of a splurge at only a dollar more then what I had planned on spending. It smells soooooooooooo good, and leaves my hair feeling so soft! So if you're in the market for a new shampoo/conditioner consider giving these a  try! It's cheap, it's simple, it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment