meet the sojourners..


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

The plan was to take the boys to the melting pot... but they had a fixed menu tonight, and if I'm going to spend a month's pay on one meal, it's going to be when I can order exactly what I want. So, we stayed in tonight and had this yummy meal instead. 

Baked Flounder and Zucchini. It was delicious!
For the flounder: Dredge fillets in oat flour, then dunk in whisked egg whites, then dredge in this:
Then bake at preferred temperature until fillets are cooked to your liking.


For the zucchini: Chop 2-3 zucchini's in half. Then cut into sticks. Combine a teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 1 1/2 cup of almond meal and 1/4 cup cornmeal in ziplock bag. Shake to mix. In medium bowl whisk together several egg whites. Dip zucchini sticks in egg whites, then place in ziplock bag and toss to coat. Remove and lay on greased cooking sheet. Spray evenly with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 15 min, rotate sticks, spray again with cooking spray (I use the olive oil version) and cook another 10-15 min.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to the melting pot, but I've heard some amazing things about it! This sounds super good, too!

    Oh, and I had to get rid of facebook...I miss seeing you on there!!! I've been wondering how the heck you are doing! What have I missed!?! You can still email me at nataliebrimhall@yahoo.com I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! I was wondering where the heck you disappeared to. Why did you lose fb again?

    ReplyDelete