meet the sojourners..


Friday, February 17, 2012

Quick Savory Soup

This was originally supposed to be a recipe I tore out of a clean eating magazine-yes, the magazine was mine. ;p

However, after coming home from the grocery store I realized I'd forgotten to get about 1/3 of the recipe actually called for. I'm told this will happen more frequently as I get older. Not looking forward to that. 

Anyhow, I decided to improvise and create my own soup. I must say turned out pretty good, although I'd add zucchini or spinach next time around. 

You will need:
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Chopped Onion
2-3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic (I LOVE Garlic-feel free to scale back here)
1 Package Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (Casings removed)
2 cans Vegetable Broth (You can sub Chicken or Beef, I just happened to have Vegetable in the pantry)
2 cans White Beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Diced Tomatoes

Heat pan over Medium High Heat and add Olive Oil, Garlic, Onion and Sausage. Cook until Sausage is browned. Add broth, water, tomatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil. 

Add 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan as a garnish. 

*Optional-when adding beans, just add one can. Take the second can and puree them - then add to broth. This will give the broth a thicker consistency. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment