meet the sojourners..


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So.....

Aidan got his first Valentine (from a GIRL) yesterday.... Augghhhhh!!!! Mommy was not ready for that. 

During his Valentine's party, the upper-class students were delivering "candy grams" and they brought in a bunch to Aidan's class to distribute to various second graders. Before I knew it, he was holding this:
Then the mama of the little girl, says "She insisted, there was no getting out of it. I think someone has a crush"

So.... I asked Aidan more about this particular girl. His response? "She's a really great encourager mom"
Awwwww! How sweet is my little bug!?!?

Then he decided he should give her something in return, made a card and inserted his $5 bill inside. I suggested he make something, or come up with something that involved a little more thought. About 10 minutes later he brings THIS to the kitchen:
A lego rose! Ok ya'all, my son is absolutely precious! I mean just look at this thing. 

And then his sweet little card:


 He was very careful to write "from, Aidan" and not "love, Aidan". 
He says to me, "mom, I don't want her to think I want to be her boyfriend or marry her, so I can't put love on the card. And plus I only write that on Virginia's cards." Then I got the explanation of the difference between "liking" and "LIKING" someone... I love his innocence! Can he stay this way forever. Please!?

3 comments: